Global Integrity is seeking a flexible, fast-learning, detail-oriented self-starter for a full-time role as Operations Associate to provide critical administrative support to an amazing network of nonprofits located at the Open Gov Hub.
About this Opportunity
Our ideal candidate will be an outstanding Receptionist/Administrator/Operations Assistant who genuinely enjoys ensuring things run smoothly behind the scenes. This is a good fit for you if you: love to interact with many different people; roll up your sleeves and tackle new challenges and opportunities on a daily basis; anticipate problems and create solutions; and you have a keen attention to detail.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone early in their nonprofit career, or for a more seasoned nonprofit operations assistant/administrator looking to enhance the impact of their work on mission-driven organizations.
The associate in this role will join as a full-time employee of the Global Integrity team. Global Integrity is headquartered at the Open Gov Hub in Washington, D.C. with 15 full time staff and a $3.5 million annual budget.
About the Organization
The Open Gov Hub is a unique, dynamic meeting place in Washington, D.C. that brings together over 50 organizations (about 300 people) with a common mission to help open up governments to better serve their people, and empower citizens around the world. Founded in 2012 as the world’s first innovation hub focused on the theme of open government (i.e. promoting transparency, accountability, and civic participation), OGH provides its members with essential shared resources – including a world-class, 20,000 square foot coworking space and professional support services – and organizes near-daily events and programs. OGH helps its member organizations (mostly nonprofits/NGOs) learn and work together for greater collective social impact. The Open Gov Hub runs as a nonprofit social enterprise, primarily funded by our co-working membership fees and operated by Global Integrity, in partnership with Development Gateway.
1. Office Administration and Management
Under supervision of the Operations Manager:
- Reception management: be a consistent, friendly, helpful and well-organized face of the Open Gov Hub as front desk associate, supporting members and visitors daily
- Complete daily, weekly, and monthly routine office management checklists
- Respond to all general inquiries (phone, email)
- Mail and package management, including virtual mailbox members
- Manage, stock and order office supplies daily, as needed, and within budget
- Assist the on and offboarding processes for members
- Troubleshoot questions and challenges with members
- Help facilitate introductions between members in the Hub network
- Assist Operations Manager with periodic Facility and Operations reviews
2. Financial and Operations Support/Coordination
- With the support of Managing Director, Finance & Operations:
- Process financial data for each monthly close to send to the accountant including payroll, banking, and credit card transactions.
- Maintain information in third party systems as current (e.g. payroll, benefits, etc.)
- Prepare invoices for review and payment approval using AP/AR software (bill.com).
- Prepare wire transfers and foreign exchange transfers for internal review and payment approval using bank and foreign exchange service platforms.
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues related to invoicing and payments.
- Maintain all appropriate documentation for accounting and auditing purposes.
- Help organize and manage filing and information systems to continually streamline and improve knowledge management practices.
- Prepare contracts with vendors using established templates for review and approval and coordinate signing using HelloSign.
- Assist the Managing Director with special projects as needed and as time permits.
3. Events Coordination and Logistics
- Fulfill requests for event planning support and logistics as needed (ex: catering, etc)
- Assist with setup and breakdown of event and meeting space rental requests
4. Communications Support
- Help design, collect content, and send Weekly Email Digest (top communication source with Hub members)
- Update Open Gov Hub’s social media accounts
- Create registration pages, promotional content for events, and manage RSVPs
- Support Global Integrity’s Communications team to implement periodic communications campaigns – ie: marketing for OGH membership and space rentals
- Suggest creative campaigns and content; develop content featuring Members’ work
These are the combined core responsibilities of this role – supporting both the Open Gov Hub and other programs at Global Integrity. We expect that this person will split their time about 50/50 between the Hub and other Global Integrity programs. As such, this position will report to the Open Gov Hub Operations and Facility Manager with the support of Global Integrity’s Managing Director of Finance & Operations.
- 1-2 years relevant experience; 2-4+ years for Associate level. Degree preferred
- Process oriented; strong attention to detail; exceptionally organized
- Comfortable learning and troubleshooting new and basic technology
- Strength in repeatedly executing/ reviewing processes & writing communications (ex: drafting marketing/promotional content for events; entering financial data, etc)
- Able to stay calm under competing/changing priorities and deadlines
- Strong verbal and written communication skills (ex: drafting persuasive, exciting event descriptions, and conversing with a wide variety of members and visitors)
- Eager to contribute to a nonprofit/mission-driven organization and network
- Familiar with communications & social media tools (Eventbrite, Canva, Twitter, etc)
- Excellent “customer service” skills
- Any background in office management/administration; marketing; sales; and/or financial management
- Previous experience working in a nonprofit and/or coworking space
Salary and Benefits
The budgeted salary for this position is $48,000 – $54,000. This position includes a competitive benefits package, with high-quality health, dental, and vision policies, as well as a modest life insurance policy. The organization currently pays 100% of the premiums associated with those benefits. Generous holidays and sick time are also provided. The organization also contributes to employees’ retirement accounts and provides a transit benefit and professional development stipend. There are also frequent opportunities for professional development and networking through Open Gov Hub’s programs.
Given the nature of this role, the position is expected to work on-site on a daily basis.
Please complete the application below. The deadline to apply is March 31st, 2022.